Postdoctoral Research Associate:
We are seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral Research Associate in the general field of land-atmosphere interactions and precipitation extremes. The postdoc will work on a DOE-funded project under the direct supervision of Dr. Guiling Wang and in close collaboration with Dr. Ruby Leung at PNNL and Dr. Xiaoming Sun at LANL. The initial appointment will be for one year, with the possibility of extension to a maximum of 2.5 years pending on satisfactory performance.
- D. degree in Atmospheric/Climate/Earth Science, Hydrology, Environmental Science/Engineering, or a related field by the start date
- Experience in quantitative research involving data analysis and numerical modeling of the land, atmosphere, or preferably land-atmosphere systems
- Ability to work with large complex dataset
- Experience in publishing peer-reviewed journal articles as lead author
- Effective communication skills (as evidenced by research presentation and publications)
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
We especially encourage applicants with experience running and configuring global climate models, such as E3SM, CESM, or another state-of-the-art Earth system model.
To apply, please email Dr. Guiling Wang (email@example.com) and attach a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and contact information for three individuals who can provide professional reference letters. Applications from members of underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged. The ideal start time for this position is the late summer and early fall of 2023, but the position will remain open until filled.
PhD Graduate Assistant:
Our lab periodically seeks highly motivated PhD students in the general fields of land-atmosphere interactions, climate change and extremes, and terrestrial ecosystem-climate interactions. Those interested should contact lab PI (firstname.lastname@example.org) for up to date information.